Saturday, January 16, 2010

Welcome to LA! Part 2: My Car

One of my biggest fears about coming to Los Angeles was having to rent a car, but so far it hasn’t been that bad.  First of all, it’s an automatic, so I don’t have to worry about stalling out or shifting.  Second of all, the speed limits in LA are pretty low.  There is just as much traffic as I expected, but no one goes that fast.  The huge interstate I use to get to work, for example, has a maximum speed limit of 55 mph and everyone follows it.

The one huge issue, however, is parking.  I was hoping to get a teeny car so that parking would be a breeze, but they were out of small cars at the rental company.  So, I have to park and repark multiple times every time I pull into my tiny tiny parking spot (next to a poll- just my luck).  Parking spaces in LA are so much smaller than anywhere else.  How do all these Hummer drivers do it?  Today I spent about 10 minutes trying to park in a parking garage and it ended up that my side mirrors were each 1 inch away from other cars’ side mirrors and I could barely squeeze out of my door.  What a pain!  By the time I’m done this semester, I’ll be a parking expert!

Pictures!

Luckily for my sake, there is a piece of bubble wrap taped to the pole next to my car- just at bummer height.  How hilarious!

[Via http://dpgirl.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment