Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentines Day Weekend

I hadn’t planned on going home Valentine’s Day weekend, mostly because there was nothing there Valentines Day related for me and I was helping with  the Valentine’s Day dance at the internship. But, after learning I had Presidents Day off and three people suggested it, I decided to head home after I was done with the dance.

The residents really liked the dance of course, we started decorating for it Friday afternoon. There’s a room in the gym called the special activity committee (SAC) room. You step into this room and it’s boxes and piles of decorations for every single holiday or festivity you can think of, lol. A good project would be to organize the room gets some totes and labels working in there, lol. Perhaps though a project that would be better for someone on salary/ paycheck. The residents enjoyed their dance with their punch and sugar-free moistened pink cupcakes and cake slices (Ewwwwwwww!).

I then headed home and had a pretty tame valentines day weekend just hanging out with friends and a little bit of crazy family time. I really needed to get my hair done, it’s been since November, but the shop isn’t open on Mondays.  Monday morning I also washed the salt off my car from the past 3 weeks and applied a coat of wax, it looked sooooo nice. Of course on the five-hour trip back to my apartment I got behind two trucks spreading sand and salt, and drove through a snow ran mixture. Then next morning my car looked 100x worse than before I had washed it the day before. So checklist of things to do next time I makes a trip home: get hair done, replace bald tires on the back of car, wax car again, oil change.

[Via http://musictherapyintern10.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment