Sunday, October 18, 2009

Saint or Satan

My aunt seldom works late at night and she sometimes had to drive back home alone. Her husband always told her to be careful. He told her to stop only at gas stations and nowhere else since it was so dangerous.

Well, my aunt did follow her husband’s advice. She ran out of petrol; therefore, she stopped at the gas station to fill her gas. After that, she left the station and was driving on a dark and lonely road before she regconized something.

There was car chasing after her.

She looked nervously at the car. She saw the driver waving his hand, telling her pull over. Do you think she will do that? Of course not! That made her go even faster.

After driving away from the mysterious car for a while, my aunt noticed that something was wrong with her car. It was getting harder and harder to drive. So, she had no choice but to pull over.

After getting out of the car, my aunt found the answer. One of her tires was flat. She could get into a terrible accident if the young man in the chasing car hadn’t signaled her.

The young man was actually a good man. This was my aunt’s thought. She was so sorry for thinking so badly of him.

The young man pulled over right behind my aunt’s car. He said he was a mechanic, he had some tools in his car, and he would like to help with the tire, if my aunt allowed him to do so.

My aunt accepted his offer. She said there was a spare tire in her trunk but she did not know how to change tires.

As my aunt watched, the young man worked tirelessly, sweating all over his body. He got the flat tire out  and he tried to replace it with the spare tire; however, there was a problem.

The young man told my aunt that he needed some more tools. My aunt gave him some cash. Well, it was not some cash. It was some big cash. The young man also gave my aunt his wallet as an insurance that he would return. After that, he got in his car and drove away.

My aunt watched the young man as he drove away. She thanked god that she met him before she would get into any kind of accident. She wanted to thank him after he came back and finished his work; however, she did not get the chance to do that.

My aunt opened the man’s wallet and there was nothing there. It was just an empty wallet! She had been fooled. It was all a setup! That young man flattened her tire in the gas station and followed her! Now, he was gone and my aunt could not follow him!

Why?

A car with 3 tires cannot be driven, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment