Sunday, October 4, 2009

Car Cake - guess who's not the next ace of cakes

Hilarious!  so my brother’s birthday is today. 3 or 4 years ago i made him a car cake of his old white hatchback Volkswagen. i made it in the shape of a car, and decorated it with icing.. pretty easy. this year, i got it in my head to make him a car cake of his new car…. and try out fondant. oh man. i don’t know if i’m going to be doing this again…

car cake

i dyed the fondant properly, rolled it out, lay and fit it on the cake. i messed up some of the corners. then i started working on the other parts. i didn’t like how it looked with the other fondant pieces, scratched that..took them off. decided to paint on the details. next time i just need to plan more and not be lazy… and all i can think about is cake wrecks. hahaha

Luckily, this is not my day job… and my brother really liked the cake. but then again. he is my brother. i would love anything he made for me. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment