Friday, October 23, 2009

More Car Care Blues: Vandalism

Last Saturday night, I went with my movie meetup group to see the cult movie called The Room starring Tommy Wiseau at the Coolidge Corner theater in Brookline. I had a good time seeing the funny, badly acted movie! Couldn’t stop laughing at what I saw.

Trailer for The Room

After the movie, I walked back to my car that was parked a block away from the theater. What I saw was upsetting. The antenna on my Mustang was bent out of shape and the mirror on the passenger side was broken off and hanging by a cable. I couldn’t believe it. Coolidge Corner is supposed to be a safe neighborhood.

I reported it to my insurance company when I got home, and on the next day I drove my car over to the Brookline Police Station on Washington Street. Two policemen looked at my car and figured that a drunk must have viciously done this.

I got my car fixed and got it back on Thursday of this week. I have a brand new antenna and mirror. It cost me almost $145 for them.

I am annoyed that my car was attacked like this. A person demented to do this while drunk to a car can also be violent towards a person. So, this creep is somewhere out there. At least, the police are going to investigate, but this happened late at night on a Saturday. It’s a long shot on finding the person who did this.

No comments:

Post a Comment