Saturday, November 14, 2009

Maiden Voyage

Took my first spin in the new car over Halloween weekend.

Many things in NZ are backwards compared to the way we view them in the states. However, even in NZ, it is still not cool to drive a minivan. Doing my part to promote transpacific harmony.

Driving from the passenger seat on the wrong side of the road was terrifying for the first couple of days.  I made it a point to remind myself to “keep left” when I put the car in gear.  After a few trips, it became easier to drive.

I made a short trip around the various bays in Wellington on my first trip: Houghton Bay, Lyall Bay, Island Bay, Scorcher Bay, Breaker Bay, Oriental Bay.  Lots of bays.

The picture of the car (above) was taken near Breaker Bay.  This is about 15 minutes away from the townhouse.  The sun was out.  Everything is great here when the sun is out.

If the car windshield looks clean, it is because they put the wiper switch where the turn indicator should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment