Wednesday, September 30, 2009

HEARSE SKETCHES

   

I took time out from the background on the barn to do these two sketches from a recent “cruise-in” I attended in Auburn, Indiana.  The pencil is light, as I want to paint over the pencil, so I lightened my final lines with an eraser, but they should still be visible.   These are smaller than my usual pieces, done on 9×12 canson aquarelle paper.   The photos were of the complete sides of the cars, but I focused on these angles, because I liked the composition of them better this way.   The left vehicle,  is a 1939 Cadillac  hearse and the sides have carved wood curtains for the windows on the sides and back, very beautiful, very rare and unique.  The right is a 1949 Cadillac hearse, owned by a friend of mine, whom, was kind enough to allow me to ride to this event with him in this vehicle, very cool.  They just don’t make cars like they used to…..

No comments:

Post a Comment