Saturday, September 19, 2009

back online

sorry, i was missing in action in the past days. got back from london safely. it was a great trip. now i need to make sure i hand in all the receipts to get my money back from work

anyways, back to today. i drove in germany for the first time since my car accident in 2003. yes, you heard me correctly, i did not drive a car in this county of car-dom for six years. i drove in the us, but not over here. and i have to admit that the longer i did not drive the more tension built up being afraid to have another accident.

eventually, i blamed it all on stick-shift cars. and whenever i had to drive for work here, boo-hoo, it happened to be a stick-shift so i had someone drive me (the person who would accompany me at a fair). no problem. for a few months now we have an automatic. a nice shining mercedes-do-not-mess-it-up car. all shiny and bling bling. and this saturday i had to drive it. no excuses, no way around it.

needless to say i was shitting my pants, totally afraid of breaking this thing or running into an accident. let’s make a long story short, everything went well. i did not break anything, i drove really well, and the car…wow, what a ride! i zoomed on the highway and before i knew it i was going 160. you don’t feel it with the car, can’t feel the speed at all.

and guess what, when i was back here, all parked nicely, i tried to call a friend to tell her about my achievement. she didn’t pick up the phone. so i called another friend. she didn’t pick up either. mh. ok, it’s a nice day, maybe that’s why. so i called home, noone there either. what in the world is going on? so i tried a third friend…well, history repeating. ok, so there is noone to tell my achievement to! thank you very much world! i have to turn to online blogging to spread my happiness.

i am relieved i did not break anything. and i am surprised that i did so well today. no, i will not run to the next car dealership and get myself a ride. but i will be more calm about driving and trust myself more.

tomorrow i’ll just be lazy but at the same time household chores are calling…darn it. where is my weekend? i want to sleep, i want to relax, i want to do nothing!!!

franzi

No comments:

Post a Comment